FROM MY MIND TO YOURS

Often I think I'm the only one who has the thoughts I have and you know what, I'm sure I'm not. So I'm here to share my thoughts and I hope you'll share yours too! Life's too short not to share!

Aug 14, 2011

The First Day of the Rest of My Life...

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon. The Pork Belly's in the oven (a gift from my sister who's just moved in to live with us for a few months with my niece).

I'm no chef, I really enjoy cooking and challenging myself in the kitchen, which doesn't happen nearly often enough. In fact, normally the biggest culinary challenge is "to cook or takeaways"!!!

I'm Steph Fry and I'm 39 in October. My life's been really fantastic and I can really see why women say they relish their 40s. I'm not quite there and I can feel it all starting to make sense.

For years now I've told myself, I'm going to start a journal. I'm going to capture all the thoughts in my head and enjoy reading over them in years to come. I have the best of intentions and well, just like "new year's resolutions", it just never comes to fruition (Love that word fruition)!

The last 18 months of my life in particular, have been a huge learning curve. I've learned so much in business and in life and I still have the nagging little voice in the back of my head saying 'write it down'! I have been writing some stuff down in a hardcopy journal and it's just not satisfying.

I've reached a point in my life where I've even started considering my (cliche) Bucket List. It's only got four things on it so far:

1. Write a Blog (even if no-one reads it, at least I'll have finally started a journal)
2. Get my short story published (I won a story competition when I was 10 and still have it on a cassette tape in my drawer)
3. Go to Tuscany (Lucky for me, this will happen in a couple of years, as my dear friend Denise will be turning 50 and the party's in Italy)!
4. Build an Eco Home in beautiful Riwaka, Motueka and .........

This blog is going to be an insight in to my life, my thoughts, my experiences, my learnings, my disapppointments and well, pretty much everything which I think I want to record for future reading enjoyment.

This is the first of my posts and I hope you enjoy, interact, respond, cheerish, laugh and find something you can relate to.

I will finish each blog with some "last words". A special saying, a quote or just a little snippet of life which I find relevant and special.

My first "last words" are something which tickled my fancy when I stood at the birthday card selection at the local bookstore, trying to choose a birthday card or two for my wonderful husband who has just turned 50. I chose a romantic card in which I wrote my usual prose of beautiful, endearing and loving words to his nibs and the other card, well, there's always a funny one, just to balance things out and 'keep it real' - one of my favourite sayings - keep it real!

Last Words - Age Doesn't Matter, Unless You're A cheese - Anon

1 comment:

  1. Wow, check out this! I used to work with the gorgeous Huia Veale at Unisys many moons ago and she's the most amazing singer. Another woman rocking our world!

    Visit to hear Huia's cover of Adele's "someone like you" https://www.facebook.com/?closeTheater=1#!/huiachickens

    ReplyDelete