FROM MY MIND TO YOURS

Often I think I'm the only one who has the thoughts I have and you know what, I'm sure I'm not. So I'm here to share my thoughts and I hope you'll share yours too! Life's too short not to share!

Aug 17, 2011

I've got a cold!!!!!

Grrr, I thought I'd beaten the winter blues this year and managed to get through without getting a cold.  Epic fail!  Not a major cold, more an annoying itchy eyes and runny nose. I really hate being sick, at any level.  The irony is, I sometimes think, wouldn't it be nice to get a "little" cold and have to stay at home for a day in bed.  And on the odd occasion it ever happens, I feel weird being at home when the rest of the world is whizzing by, beetling about doing there thing and I feel isolated, like I'm the only person left in the world.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my own company, just preferably when I have something to do and am not sitting at home in my nighty feeling a bit blah!  So for me, I'd rather take some drugs and go to work and get on with it.  I guess that says something about me - I can't sit still, even when I'm sick!

Yesterday it snowed, A LOT, in Lower Hutt.  I have lived in Wellington all my life and I'm almost 40 and have never, ever, ever stood in actual falling, gorgeous, flakes of beauty!  It was just the most heart warming, amazing experience.  I was 10 years old all over again and felt warm inside.  It's just wonderful to see everyone walking and driving around with big smiles on their faces, esp Master 9 having so much fun with his friends.  Sadly their fun turned to chaos when they decided to use Dad's lawn as their snow sliding platform.  They churned up the lawn and well, let's just say, Nick's not a happy camper.  He's anal about his lawn and his garden.  I'm just pleased I wasn't there to see the fallout and I actually chuckled to myself when he told me and seemed so peeved.  After all, the kids were just being kids and there's worse things going on in the world going than the demise of his lawn!  Build a bridge Mr "I'm 50, woah is me", boo hoo!

Today I've booked flights and accommodation (overnight) to Auckland on 30 August to attend "New Zealand Fashion Week".  Yep, I was sent an invitation by the lovely team at Starfish clothing.  What a thrill!  I'm soooooooooooooooooooo stoked and I was even so cheeky as to ask if I could bring along a + 1, in the form of my sister and they said YES!!!  So, we've booked our flights, we've booked a hotel, we're already discussing what to wear and all BEFORE I've mentioned this to Mr 50!  I can hear it now, huh, what about me, what am I, chopped liver.  Now please don't get me completely wrong, Nick is a wonderful, kind, loving, caring husband, dad, friend and lover.  He sounds terribly grumpy I know and to be fair, he's not entirely awful :-).  He's just very "equal opportunity" oriented and so if I get an invite to something, he automatically thinks he should get one too!  Fat chance mate.  It's a girl's trip and you're staying at home to babysit.  God I'm evil!

So many exciting things in my life at the moment, both professionally and personally and I feel really fortunate.  I am a true believer in "everything happens for a reason" and I don't fight it.  The world moves in mysterious ways and Karma is always playing with us.  It's hard to not think about the future and what might be and we tend to spend too much time thinking about that instead of what's really important, which is today, right here, right now.  I was about to write some deep and meaning quote and then caught myself.... I'll end up sounding like a self help book.  I'm not a life coach or a counsellor, I'm just a real woman who has dreams and aspirations, who is taking one little day at a time and hoping I don't piss off too many people along the way.

And my "Last Words" for today:
What a strange thing man is; and what a stranger thing woman - let's celebrate just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment