FROM MY MIND TO YOURS

Often I think I'm the only one who has the thoughts I have and you know what, I'm sure I'm not. So I'm here to share my thoughts and I hope you'll share yours too! Life's too short not to share!

Aug 28, 2011

Time flies when your not necessarily having fun...

Master 9 asked me "what does it mean mummy, time flies when you're having fun?"  Didn't take much explanation and he understood.  He then added "it can also go fast when you're not having fun though".  He's so right.  I had a full on week and to be honest, not all of it was the best on record and I'm just pleased it did go quickly.

It's Sunday 28 August and my last blog was over a week ago.  Therein lies my conclusion, this is my 'Sunday blog'.  A rant at the end of each week; my time to reflect on everything which has happened over the course of the past 7 days - if only I could remember back that far!  This week past, let's see.  Monday, oh yes.  In town with new customer, barista training.  Tuesday, over in Martinborough with new customer, barista training.  Wednesday, Miramar, fairly gruelling sales pitch for new business.  Thursday, in town, meetings and new customer visit then networking function in the evening, followed by night out on the tiles - Note to self:  Don't bloody drink on a school night Steph!!!!!!!  You're too damn old to function the next day.  Friday, terribly hungover and useless for most the day.

It never ceases to amaze me how much I can cram in to one week and that's just the work stuff!  Then there's relationship, friends, family, children, reading, social media, cooking, cleaning, need I say more...... it tires me just reading this paragraph.  Some how though, through it all, I find the strength and fortitude to carry on, pick myself up, put a smile on the dial and soldier on.  It comes back to "the secret".  That great little book and DVD which came to market in a flurry a few years ago and transformed so many people's lives - me being one of them.  When I first read it, I was converted and lived every day like a worshipping Tom Cruise Scientologist.  Nowadays, I use it to find positive energy, carparks and remember what I'm grateful for.  Despite not using "the secret" to my full advantage, I think it's found some place in my psychy (spel??) and I'm all the better for it.  You see, you have to believe in something to get through this life and well, I've chosen to believe in me and my ability to attract and project a positive existence.  Nothing more really.  I'm not a God fairing person, I think I'm agnostic, or is that an atheist, I'm not sure and that's pretty much where I leave it.  There's something out there, I just don't know what and I conclude, it's a source of powerful energy which we can choose to draw from and live a positive and energised existence.  I do believe our destiny's are predetermined and we're fairly powerless to change their greater path otherwise however, we can determine how far down a road we go before we choose to 'hang a left' at the next intersection.  Ultimately though, I believe we'll end up at the same destination, as that's the path which is carved for us; we'll just have some different experiences on the way, than if we'd stayed on the other road.  I believe everything happens for a reason, I believe in Karma.  I believe we have the power to control our situations and we're ultimately responsible for our own happiness.  That was deep! 

So, why is it then I have week's when I'm not totally happy.  Am I not living by my own advice and allowing the positive to prevail.  You know what I've concluded, it's because no-one person is infalible.  We all have weaknesses and sometimes it all hits us at once and we fall down.

This week's been particularly interesting.  My personal life is uneven and we're experiencing upheaval.  I know it's going to be fine, we have a strong foundation and ultimately we are destined to be together.  I'm not going to let that go.  It's just difficult to see the light sometimes.

By Thursday I was feeling pretty tired.  I'd been running from one end of the greater Wellington region to the other and was chasing my tail.  On Thursday afternoon, a beacon of light prevailed.  We received an email we'd been hoping for.  I'm not going to go in to detail suffice to say, we've been asked to take our coffee to Hong Kong!!!   I know, monumental.  The biggest opportunity we've been presented in our professional relationship, as husband and wife in business.  What transpired after the news was interesting.  I was in disbelief and overwhelming excitement and Nick, well, he was as pragmatic as ever and not overly excited.  This lead to my subconscious rebellion.  I was celebrating and was going to have some fun!  I was already heading in to town on Thursday night with my girls from work, to attend a womens networking with drinkies and nibbles and let our hair down.  This was already planned for weeks.  To top all this off with the Hong Kong news was a recipe for a bloody good night.  Only problem, I over did it.  I was in control and had a superb evening and let myself down by mixing my drinks.  Comes Friday morning I was a write off!  It's fair to say, I've had my share of wicked hangovers over the years - I'm a sucker for punishment and this one was no exception.  I was sick until 1 pm on Thursday.  I was physically sick too, so not pretty.  What a come down.  Not setting a very good example for my staff let alone myself.  Nick was in a not so great place and I wasn't available to suppport him.  This all accumulated in being a rather emotional Friday.

I struggled through the day, got there in the end.  Nick and I have settled our differences, at least for now and we've reached a calm spot.  I've had the weekend off alcohol which has been great.  I've managed to do some washing, take my husband clothes shopping - oh of course, I didn't mention this week everything turned 180 and now Nick's coming to fashion week with me, not my sister.  That's next time's blog.......  I've coooked meals, I've washed and cleaned up.  I've cleaned out the cat box, ewwwwww, I've entertained my son's friends, I've caught up with friends.  I've placated my sister, my staff and managed to bring my husband back down to earth.  Nothing his new haircut and clothes couldn't have done sooner - the power of looking, then feeling great and you know what.  Sitting here finishing this entry, I feel quite happy.  Happy I have a chance to become something better tomorrow and be something more for me and for others.

WHAT A WEEK!

Nothing is clearer right now...... Amazing how much can happen in so little time....and time for some major changes......

My last words:
You can't love anyone else until you learn to love yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment